It isn’t easy to find a vehicle that doesn’t come with some kind of technology, and the technologies are getting more advanced. It’s no longer solely about GPS systems with built-in GPS. From collision prevention features to self-driving automobiles, the automotive industry increasingly relies on various technologies, including the cloud. Auto Cloud and Future Mobility Future of Mobility will discuss current developments and future perspectives in this area with two panelists comprised of specialists on June 6.
-The event will take place on the weekend. With the changing climate that directly impacts all parts of the Earth, protecting the oceans has become increasingly crucial. The Seattle Aquarium will host World Ocean Weekend between June 8 and 9. This event allows everyone to discover ways that individuals can contribute to maintaining the health of the oceans. The event will include various educational sessions, hands-on experiences, such as divers’ shows, and presentations on the marine animals that inhabit the aquarium.
Here are some more critical highlights of GeekWire’s calendar. GeekWire Calendar:
- Pacific Commodore Expo: A 2-day event celebrating Commodore computer systems located at the Living Computers Museum and Labs in Seattle on June 8 and Sunday, June 9.
- E3 Expo The biggest gaming trade show in the United States at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, Tuesday, June 11 through June 13 on Thursday.
- Fireside Chats with Hope Cochran The presentation will be about the most recent developments for venture capital at the K&L Gates in Seattle from 12 – 1 pm on Wednesday, June 12.
- Corporate Innovations Reverse Pitches A conference for entrepreneurs in the AR/VR field to connect with large enterprises in Create 33 at Seattle from 10 am until 12 p.m. on Thursday, June 13.
- Reduce the stigma of Mental Health in the Workplace. This is a talk on how businesses can implement policies to foster an environment of inclusion at the General Assembly in Seattle, 6–8 pm. Thursday, June 13.
- No cost RPG Day: An event to celebrate the role-playing game at the Mox Boarding House in Bellevue on June 15, 2017, on Saturday, June 15.
- Washington State Summer Con: A two-day convention featuring comics, games, and other pop culture-related media at the Washington State Fair Events Center in Puyallup on Saturday, June 15, and Sunday, June 16.
For more upcoming events, look at the GeekWire Calendar, which lets you discover meetups, conferences, events for startups, and geeky events in and around the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Specific drivers in Seattle and other Western Washington areas are shouting at their radios in their cars this week. This isn’t because of any particular music or news item airing but due to an apparent technical issue that caused the radios to remain on the public broadcasting stations that are public. KUOW.
The affected drivers appear to be all the owners of Mazda vehicles manufactured between 2014 and 2017. In some instances, the car’s system for infotainment has stopped functioning completely, preventing the ability to listen to radio or utilize Bluetooth connection to phones and GPS, the rear camera, and many more.
Based on a Mazda driver who spoke to GeekWire and other members of the Reddit thread that discussed the issue, anyone who has encountered problems was listening to the KUOW 94.9 during the last few weeks when the car’s systems were faulty.
KUOW did not sound sure of a possible reason; at least one service department at a dealership blamed 5G. Mazda told GeekWire that they had identified the issue and that a solution was in the works.
“I see the Mazda symbol, like it’s coming on,” said Stephanie Marquis of Olympia, Wash. She was in her car, trying to get her dashboard display to function. “It just keeps rebooting. Now it’s black. It’s like it’s trying to turn on but it won’t turn on.”